Our Vision and Goals are simple.
Train ASSERT Professionals to:
- Be stronger physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually;
- Turn fear into power;
- Improve their communication skills as a group and as individuals;
- Reduce the instance of violence;
- Learn and use better, more effective de-escalation techniques;
- Free people from self-imposed confines and limits;
- Have confidence in the Self;
- Take responsibility for their own security;
- Be autonomous and responsible for their actions and effect on the world around them;
- Use effective and liability-conscious techniques to provide security to their charge, on and off duty;
- Be compassionate;
- Discover a different Mind- and Skill-set that can be applied in all aspects of life;
- Develop their ability to think rationally in stressful situations, leading to more informed desicions and actions;
- Use and trust their critical thinking and common sense; and, most of all,
- Be Assertive!
Our aim is
To help our students develop and grow as confident, assertive Members of our Human Community.